First impressions count, and how your home appears from the outside will set the mood for the rest of the showing. To get that “wow—I want to live here” reaction, see if any of the following items may help you get there;
- Fertilize and weed the lawn. You can buy new sod at reasonable prices at your local home improvement store or garden center. The front lawn is most important.
- Remove basketball hoops, broken play sets, old tires and cars, flamingos & gnomes as well as old garden furniture.
- If you cannot remove an eyesore, cover it with some lattice or some new bushes or evergreens (that includes a neighbor’s home or backyard if necessary…)
- Keep the grass and shrubbery neatly edged and trimmed throughout the sales period. Put down new mulch.
- Clear the gutters and yard of leaves and debris, call the team at https://www.fivestargutterteam.com.au/things-to-consider-when-choosing-gutter-protection-or-guards/.
- If the siding, walkway or deck is dirty, use a pressure washer to clean, visit this site for more info.
- Trim all shrubbery and trees back so they do not touch your home. Cut off any dead limbs.
- Make sure all outside lighting works and turn it on at night. Consider a basic exterior light kit to show off your home at night.
- Make sure your window treatments look uniform and tidy from the outside. It is better to have no window treatments than shabby ones.
- Buy some nice flowers and plant them in your garden and in large pots.
- Make sure your front door shines – paint it if necessary and change the hardware (including the doorbell.)
The above tips are from our “Maximizing Your Profit” brochure – a valuable resource provided to our seller clients. To set up a time for a consultation as part of our 6-step process to sell your home, please contact us.